The Undivided Attention You Deserve
What Is Family-Based Immigration?
Currently, obtaining a family-based visa is the primary method of immigration in the United States. Family immigration laws allow an individual who is already a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to sponsor a family member in order to help them obtain a visa.
This visa will then allow the immigrating family member to obtain lawful permanent residence, also known as a green card.
If you need legal assistance with family-based immigration, contact the Law Offices of Shamieh, Shamieh & Ternieden. Our San Francisco family-based visa attorneys can help you navigate the process from start to finish. Whether you need to obtain a K-1 fiancé visa or you wish to bring your children with you to the United States, our firm can help.
Reach out to us online or by phone at (415) 300-2144 to learn more about how our family-based immigration attorneys can help you. Schedule your initial consultation today.
Who is Eligible for A FAMILY VISA APPLICATION?
Not every family member can be sponsored under family-based immigration law. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may not sponsor a grandparent, in-law, aunt, uncle, or cousin. In fact, there are only two groups of relatives that are eligible for family-based visas.
You or your loved one may be eligible for a family-based visa under one of the following categories:
- Immediate Relatives: Includes spouses of U.S. citizens, unmarried children under the age of 21, orphans adopted abroad or in the U.S. by U.S. citizens, and parents of U.S. citizens at least 21 years of age
- Family Preference: Includes the unmarried children and their children of U.S. citizens; the spouse, children, and/or unmarried sons/daughters who are at least 21 years old of lawful permanent residents; married sons/daughters and their children of U.S. citizens; and siblings of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old, as well as the spouses/children of the siblings
Is My Spouse Eligible for an Immigration Visa?
In order for your spouse to qualify for a visa you must be considered legally married. Common-law marriages may also qualify for a spouse visa depending on the laws of the country where the marriage occurs.
There are several factors that can determine eligibility for a spouse visa. Our family and marriage visa team is experienced in handling the necessary legal paperwork to apply for a visa. We can also guide you through the process and help determine which you and your family are eligible for.
How to Apply for a Family Visa
The California state and federal laws regarding family-based immigration are complex. The process begins by the U.S. Citizen by filing out the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This form verifies the family relationship between you and your relative that you wish to petition for. You can also use the Form I-485 application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
To avoid delays or mistakes it’s wise to have an experienced San Francisco visa attorney on your side who can help you understand your options and complete the process.
Streamline the Family Visa Application Process
Applying for a family visa can be a complex and overwhelming process. At Law Offices of Shamieh, Shamieh & Ternieden, our experienced San Francisco family immigration attorneys are here to guide you through every step of the way and streamline the application process.
By choosing our team to handle your family visa needs, you can expect:
- Expert guidance: Our knowledgeable attorneys have years of experience in family-based immigration law. We stay up-to-date with the latest regulations and requirements to ensure your application is accurate and complete.
- Personalized approach: We understand that each family's situation is unique. Our attorneys take the time to listen to your specific needs and tailor our services to meet your individual circumstances.
- Efficiency and timeliness: We know that time is of the essence when it comes to family visa applications. Our team works diligently to prepare and submit your application in a timely manner, minimizing delays and maximizing your chances of success.
- Peace of mind: Navigating the immigration process can be stressful. With our experienced attorneys by your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in capable hands. We strive to provide clear communication, regular updates, and compassionate support throughout the entire process.
Don't let the complexities of the family visa application process discourage you. Contact our San Francisco family visa attorneys today to schedule a consultation and let us help you reunite with your loved ones.
Our San Fancisco Family Visa Attorneys Can Help
At the Law Offices of Shamieh, Shamieh & Ternieden, we understand how important it is that your family stays together. We are committed to helping U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents sponsor their family members for visa application so they can secure lawful entry into the United States.
Our immigration attorneys can answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide individualized legal counsel tailored to your case.
We offer legal services in Arabic, English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Cantonese, and make ourselves highly accessible to our clients to provide time sensitive information. We have helped thousands of individuals navigate the immigration process. Find out how our family immigration firm in California can help you today.
Looking for a family immigration lawyer in San Francisco or nearby? Contact our firm at (415) 300-2144 to speak with a member of our team.
Thousands of Clients Helped
30 Years of Experience