Accomplished Immigration Attorneys
Call Today 415.300.2144
A Firm That Gives You The Undivided Attention You Deserve

San Francisco Green Card Lawyer

Seeking Legal Permanent Residence in the United States?

If you wish to remain in the United States for a long period of time, it is likely in your best interests to obtain a green card. Green card holders, also known as lawful permanent residents, are not U.S. citizens, but they do have many of the same rights. Additionally, becoming a lawful permanent resident is generally required should you wish to pursue citizenship through naturalization later on.

At the Law Offices of Shamieh & Ternieden, we have helped numerous clients navigate the process of obtaining a green card. We also assist individuals who wish to petition a family member, such as a spouse, child, or another relative. Because every situation is unique and the laws regarding lawful permanent residence are complex and often changing, it’s wise to seek out an experienced green card attorney in San Francisco. With more than 29 years spent practicing immigration law, our firm is prepared to help you with your case.

5 / 5 stars
“My case was extremely difficult...Mr. Shamieh won my case in court and my green card application was finally granted. Thanks you, Mr. Shamieh and his team!!!”

Learn more about how you can obtain a green card in the United States. Call our San Francisco firm at (415) 300-2144 today to request a consultation with our team.

What Is the Process for Obtaining a Green Card?

There are several avenues for obtaining a green card and becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States. While the information here provides a brief overview of some of the more common ways in which immigrants are able to obtain green cards, it’s best to discuss the specifics of your situation with one of our attorneys.

Some of the main avenues for obtaining lawful permanent residence include:

  • Family Petition: A U.S. citizen may petition his or her family member, including a spouse, child, parent, sibling, or another relative. For “immediate relatives” (as defined by the law), there is no limit on the number of available visas, meaning there is no wait time one a petition is approved. For non-immediate relatives, there may be a waiting period after a petition is approved, as there is a limited number of visas.
  • Employment Petition: It may be possible to obtain lawful permanent residence as a foreign worker through an employment petition. There are several different kinds of visas available to immigrant workers, depending on a person’s unique circumstances. Additionally, you may be able to obtain an employment petition as an investor if you meet the necessary requirements.
  • Diversity Lottery: Every year, the United States randomly selects entries from immigrants who wish to move to the U.S. from countries that have a low rate of immigration. There are about 50,000 immigrant visas available each year. In order to be eligible for the diversity lottery, you must meet certain requirements set forth by the Department of State.
  • Asylum: You may be able to obtain lawful permanent residence in the U.S. if you are granted asylum. In order to be eligible for asylum or refugee status, you must meet certain requirements. Additionally, in order to obtain a green card as a refugee, you must have lived in the U.S. for at least one year after being admitted for refugee status.

As mentioned above, these are just some of the ways in which you may be able to obtain a green card. To learn more about your specific options, contact a San Francisco green card attorney at our firm today.

Let Us Help You Obtain a Green Card Today

At the Law Offices of Shamieh & Ternieden, we understand U.S. immigration laws. For nearly three decades, we’ve been helping immigrants lawfully enter and stay in the United States. With personal backgrounds navigating the process, our immigration lawyers have a first-hand understanding of how daunting the system can be. With this in mind, we offer our clients compassionate, personalized legal guidance from start to finish. We take the time to keep you informed and up-to-date on your case. Our team can act as your trusted advocates.

To learn more about how you may be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident, call us at (415) 300-2144. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Cantonese, Russian, Arabic, or Portuguese.

Let's Get Together

All Consultations are 100% Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.